Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Pressing Pause at a Haven


Top 5 reasons to press "pause" in life:
1) the grass is greener at times on this side of life (and there's more of it!)
2) sitting in a rocker at sunset on the porch lends itself to reflection
3) freedom from key boards, traffic and "to do's"
4) pressing the "play" button is something that will always be there
5) having breakfast made is the best way to start the day

Hey friends, I often say that I have the spiritual gift of vacationing. It brings out the best in me. I just need a budget to support it! I just returned last week for a bit of a respite in the hill country. I visited with my faith filled friend in San Antonio as she reunited the women who studied Capture My Heart, Lord this summer. These women are such an inspiration in their desire to pursue the Lord and their cheerleading my effort in writing the study. Needless to say, time with these sisters did my heart good!

From there I went to Comfort, TX to enjoy R & R at the Haven River Inn (pictured above) with a kindred sister who serves with Campus Crusade for Christ in Austin. This place truly is a haven with a pool, rolling hills and river nearby. Soak in these sites:












I came upon two sites that spoke to me about roots. Roots are more than where we are from. They also are where we are going deep so that we have the sanity, strength and wisdom to prosper through daily challenges that come our way. Sneak a peek at the difference:







The first tree's roots did not withstand the storms. The second tree is gracefully flourishing because it's roots are deep and being nourished. Are we tending to our roots? And I don't mean hair color although that's on my calendar every now and then. And might I add does contribute to my "hair do" sanity. Pressing "pause" with the Creator of life, whether for a few minutes, hours or days, tends to our roots. "Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked or stand in the way of sinners or sit in the seat of mockers. But his delight is in the law of the Lord, and on his law he meditates day and night. He is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither. Whatever he does prospers." Psalm 1:1-3




No comments:

Post a Comment