Monday, December 14, 2009

The Gift of Praise

Mary said, "With all my heart I praise the Lord, and I am glad because of God my Savior." Luke 1:46-47

As we listen in on the conversation between Mary and Elizabeth, we hear Mary open her mouth to praise the Lord for the privilege of being part of His promise of redemption that He gave to Abraham (1:55). Praise is a good gift to our heart and the Lord’s when we acknowledge Him for who He is. As we prepare our hearts during this advent season to celebrate the birth of the Lord Jesus, offer to God the gift of praise by using the letters in the word “advent” to think of words to describe Him. For instance, the letter “A” might prompt me to praise God for being Almighty. Try to find a time where you can do so aloud~ in your car, the shower. . .if you're in an office with other believers, you may want to rally them to praise with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment