Wednesday, December 16, 2009

The Gift of Anticipation

As Mary left the comfort and safety of Elizabeth's house and traveled over the dusty roads back to Nazareth, there must have been a million and one thoughts running through her mind!. . . Ok, so. . . how to tell Joseph? my parents? They've always wanted grandchildren. I'm going to need bigger clothes. What will my friends think about giving me a baby shower before a wedding shower? Who will be there when I give birth and how much is that going to hurt?!?!. . .I've obviously taken some liberty in speculating what might have been on her mind. However, we do know for sure that Mary had many needs as she faced returning to her home town. I wish we had a record of her prayer journal to hear all the answers that God had already set in motion to provide for her. I love that God is so powerful and personal that He anticipates the needs of His children. Anticipating God’s voice and activity in our lives reflects a heart of expectancy. As you think about the areas you need guidance, tell Him your anticipation of Him coming through for you with wisdom and in circumstances.

1 comment:

  1. I am eagerly printing out each gift from December...meant to do this during the month but better late than never!! Can't wait to dive in.

    ReplyDelete